Dear Livingston Manor Free Library Community and Patrons,
In response to the outbreak of Covid-19 also known as Novel Coronavirus, Livingston Manor Free Library aims to take the necessary steps to help prevent the spreading of it. We will be taking the following steps:
– Wiping and using Lysol on common surfaces including keyboards, doorknobs, the front desk, bathroom and more on a daily basis, and/or as needed.
– Staff will be washing their hands regularly.
– Wiping any devices including chromebooks.
We will also be waiving fines in the meantime. We do not want patrons to come in just to avoid a fine if you are not feeling well.
We will also no longer be accepting donations for the time being.
As more community buildings close in this time, we would like to suggest using e-readers in the event the library should close. Instructions can be found at rcls.org but are also –
– Download the free Kindle app on your device from the app store
– Download the free Overdrive or free Libby app from the app store
– On the Overdrive or Libby app find your library (Livingston Manor Free Library)
– Select your library or library system (RCLS)
– Enter your library card number (without spaces) and pin number, usually last four digits of your phone number.
– If it accepts your library card, search for an item you would like to borrow
– Using the Kindle app, read the borrowed item
All e-books are automatically returned after 3 weeks.
We are also cancelling all programs starting Monday, March 16th to try and prevent and further spread of the virus. Please stay in touch to for any further updates on programming.
We hope these measures will help ease any concerns you may have during this time. Please check our website, or social media profiles (found at the bottom of this page) for any updates, closures or further measures.