Dear Livingston Manor Free Library Community and Patrons,
In response to the outbreak of COVID-19, Livingston Manor Free Library takes the following steps necessary to preventing the spread:
- Disinfect common surfaces including keyboards, doorknobs, the front desk, the bathroom and more on a daily basis or as needed
- Require all patrons to wear masks
- Limit visits to 25 minutes
- No more than 5 patrons at a time
- Regular handwashing by Staff
- Disinfect all devices including Chromebooks
If the library should have to close, we would like to suggest using e-readers. Instructions are listed here, but can also be found at rcls.org:
- Download the free Kindle app on your device from the app store
- Download the free Overdrive or free Libby app from the app store
- On the Overdrive or Libby app find your library (Livingston Manor Free Library)
- Select your library or library system (RCLS)
- Enter your library card number (without spaces) and pin number, usually the last four digits of your phone number
- If it accepts your library card, search for an item you would like to borrow
- Using the Kindle app, read the borrowed item!
All e-books are automatically returned after 2 weeks.
We hope these measures will help ease any concerns you may have during this time. Please check our website, or social media profiles (found at the bottom of this page) for any updates, closures or further measures.